Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Best Birthday Ever!

Yesterday I had ANOTHER Birthday. This was the first year that I was actually thinking of skipping this day of getting older but soon realized that even if you skip your birthday you still grow one year older (and wiser too). The occasion started on Sunday when I arrived at my mother’s house for dinner with the welcome of a sweet smelling cake that my sisters had baked for me. They are always so thoughtful. Next, my brother Bryan gave me the gift of cutting a piece from the very middle of my cake as is a trademark of his since we were little kids. But don’t worry; when his kind wife explained that they had not yet sang “Happy Birthday” he quickly plopped the piece of cake back in its rightful spot until after the song. Afterwards, I opened my gifts from my family that were, as always, exactly what I wanted. Thanks Guys, you always do too much!
On the morning of my actual Birthday I got up and watched the news, after a while Katie and Allie came in and sang me “Happy Birthday” and then Allie made me my favorite breakfast. At 11:00 my always thoughtful friends took me out to lunch to “Garcia’s” then to the mall where Jairo and the kids picked me up and took me to the movie “Bedtime Stories” (every year since Kate was 18 months we have went to the movie on my birthday) then to dinner at my favorite restaurant, Texas Roadhouse. Later some of my friends and family stopped by and called to wish me a happy birthday. I retired early to bed and got a good nights rest since I need it now that I am old(er). Jairo and my kids we so sweet all day and kept the house clean, just the way I like it. I am so grateful to have such a wonderful family and great friends. Thanks for making this the BEST BIRTHDAY EVER!

4 comments:

Rachel said...

Hey, Happy Birthday! I'm glad your family spoiled you so. Everybody needs a day when they're the center of attention.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Shelley
I am Glad you had a Great Day
Love Aunt Gay

Stephanie said...

Happy Birthday Shelly sounds like you had a great day and you were able to pampered all day you deserve it thaks for being such a good friend to me. Chat with you later.

The Gotch Family said...

You new background is so cute. Ah, I am going to need you to post some of the pictures from our trip so I can continue to remember how much fun we had...