The little Buck-a-roo rodeo came around and we thought that since the War Bonnet was canceled we would try it out. Ryan was to ride in the stick horse race and even brought his "Woody hat" to help him stay on his horse. My sister Sandy got her kids, Ryan and my brother Bryans family all hooked on this little event sponsored by the Firth High School FFA. Luke has been in the Rodeo for the last 3 years and is now a pro. He was riding that horse like he was out on the Range. Grace was all cute in her pink cowboy boots and ran around the barrels with an escort from her daddy. Tyler did a great job riding the sheep. Last but not least Kaden and Jackson pulled tags off sheep. All was going well, Ryan went out for the stick horse race with Luke and Grace and decided that he was going to get stage fright. I, being 8 months Pregnant, reluctantly went out to get him off the track when he decided that he was not going to leave until I ran around the barrels with him. The clown volunteered to take him but he just wanted his mom to go so I grabbed his had and we ran the stick horse race. I obviously don't have any pictures of this since I ended being a participant but Sandy said she "has it all on video" for us to enjoy at a later time. I was also told that the commentator has some sweet comments but I was to busy concentrating on running like I wasn't disabled to focus on the rest of the crowed. Besides filling my favorite shoes with dirt we did pretty good. In the end we collected the belt buckle, had a good laugh and went on our merry way. Did I mention it was like 93 degrees. The things we do for our kids. My girls want to join the team next year but I am sure to have them sign a waver stating no stage fright!
Sunday, August 16, 2009
Summer Fun (part 3)
Little Buck-A-Roo Rodeo!
The little Buck-a-roo rodeo came around and we thought that since the War Bonnet was canceled we would try it out. Ryan was to ride in the stick horse race and even brought his "Woody hat" to help him stay on his horse. My sister Sandy got her kids, Ryan and my brother Bryans family all hooked on this little event sponsored by the Firth High School FFA. Luke has been in the Rodeo for the last 3 years and is now a pro. He was riding that horse like he was out on the Range. Grace was all cute in her pink cowboy boots and ran around the barrels with an escort from her daddy. Tyler did a great job riding the sheep. Last but not least Kaden and Jackson pulled tags off sheep. All was going well, Ryan went out for the stick horse race with Luke and Grace and decided that he was going to get stage fright. I, being 8 months Pregnant, reluctantly went out to get him off the track when he decided that he was not going to leave until I ran around the barrels with him. The clown volunteered to take him but he just wanted his mom to go so I grabbed his had and we ran the stick horse race. I obviously don't have any pictures of this since I ended being a participant but Sandy said she "has it all on video" for us to enjoy at a later time. I was also told that the commentator has some sweet comments but I was to busy concentrating on running like I wasn't disabled to focus on the rest of the crowed. Besides filling my favorite shoes with dirt we did pretty good. In the end we collected the belt buckle, had a good laugh and went on our merry way. Did I mention it was like 93 degrees. The things we do for our kids. My girls want to join the team next year but I am sure to have them sign a waver stating no stage fright!







The little Buck-a-roo rodeo came around and we thought that since the War Bonnet was canceled we would try it out. Ryan was to ride in the stick horse race and even brought his "Woody hat" to help him stay on his horse. My sister Sandy got her kids, Ryan and my brother Bryans family all hooked on this little event sponsored by the Firth High School FFA. Luke has been in the Rodeo for the last 3 years and is now a pro. He was riding that horse like he was out on the Range. Grace was all cute in her pink cowboy boots and ran around the barrels with an escort from her daddy. Tyler did a great job riding the sheep. Last but not least Kaden and Jackson pulled tags off sheep. All was going well, Ryan went out for the stick horse race with Luke and Grace and decided that he was going to get stage fright. I, being 8 months Pregnant, reluctantly went out to get him off the track when he decided that he was not going to leave until I ran around the barrels with him. The clown volunteered to take him but he just wanted his mom to go so I grabbed his had and we ran the stick horse race. I obviously don't have any pictures of this since I ended being a participant but Sandy said she "has it all on video" for us to enjoy at a later time. I was also told that the commentator has some sweet comments but I was to busy concentrating on running like I wasn't disabled to focus on the rest of the crowed. Besides filling my favorite shoes with dirt we did pretty good. In the end we collected the belt buckle, had a good laugh and went on our merry way. Did I mention it was like 93 degrees. The things we do for our kids. My girls want to join the team next year but I am sure to have them sign a waver stating no stage fright!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Adorable as always. Dad and I are so sad we missed The Little Buckaroo this year. We laughed until we cried that year. I would have loved seeing my prissy little Shelly out running the barrel race. LOL.
Thanks for shareing
Mom and Dad
Oh ya, I have it on video. I was going to put it on my blog but I didn't know what would happened if I did :)
It was fun and I bet he will do great next year. I can't wait if you girls do it next year.
We need to go next year. You'll have to tell me ahead of time. Speaking of 8 months pregnant, I can't wait for Maddie to come.
Get it on the blog Sandy I got to see it
I wish I could have been there-- I remember when Randy did it
Post a Comment